YOUNG PERSON'S WELLBEINGThis service is committed to understanding the issues and problems faced by young people in today’s complex world.T hey are often in a difficult emotional place where they are no longer children yet not fully in the world of adults.
Sometimes painful feelings are difficult to discuss with people close to us, like friends or relatives. These sessions can give a space to understand what can sometimes feel unmanageable.
Help can be offered to young people between the ages of 13-21. This includes problems in relationships with family, friends or partners, or difficulties at school, college or work. Young People often present with difficulties that includes the following:
- Depression and self-harm
- Stress and anxiety at school
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Dislike of appearance and eating disorders
- Problems with friends, family and other relationships
- Drug and alcohol issues
- Traumatic events
- Difficulties leaving home and coping with work, college or university
- Problems following difficult early life experiences
- Difficulties relating to other disabilities